|After beeing sacked by Frederick II, who
thus decided to punished it for its fidelity to the Angeovians, Patti was rebuilt and
endoved with strong defensive walls, and then became one of the 52 towns forming the royal
estate in Sicily.
Dispite a second devastation in 1544, it revived once again and, especially
starting from the first half of the seventeenth century, developped uninterruptedly, until
becoming today, one of the finest and most interesting towns in this stretch of Tyrrhenian
||During the building of the motorway at Patti Marina a remains of a Roman
Villa came to light.
Covering an area of about 20.000 square meters and not yet fully explored, the big villa
was built in the imperial age.
Up today, archaeologists have brought to light nomerous parts and places
floored with magnificent mosaics.